Legend Seeds is pleased to announce the acquisition of Munson Hybrids’ northern Wisconsin retail business, absorbing Munson’s product portfolio to provide a wider variety of choices to customers across the upper Midwest.
Headquartered out of Galesburg, Illinois since 1934, Munson is owned by the Hennenfent family who built a successful, independent and locally focused business in Illinois and Wisconsin. Munson offers a full line up of seed corn, soybeans, alfalfa, small seed, and cover crops. Under the terms of the agreement, Legend will acquire retail sales rights in central Wisconsin and Cornelius Seeds will acquire retail sales rights of Munson in Illinois and southern Wisconsin. The Hennenfent’s will continue to operate production facilities in Galesburg.
We are excited to now offer Legend and Munson customers a larger product selection, more trait packages, and greater profit potential. We combined our two companies’ strengths to create the strongest, most competitive offering for our customers.
Our product portfolios combined consist of rigorously researched traits and genetics from all major genetic suppliers. Moving forward, Munson products will be sold in Legend Seeds bags and incorporated in to the Legend product portfolio. All customers (both Legend and Munson) will have access to Legend Seeds full product portfolio and staff.
• By joining forces, we have the resources to provide both dealers and growers with more choice, advanced product research, personalized agronomic support and customer service.
• We will maintain our independent regional seed leader focus and business approach.
What does this mean for growers and dealers?
• Dealers and growers will have access to a wider selection of hybrids and varieties.
• Dealers and growers will receive access to all Legend Seeds services and support.
• Behind each bag of seed, customers receive a dedicated team to help ensure grower and dealer success.
What will change?
• An expanded line of hybrids and varieties with both technology-enhanced and conventional products to choose from.
• Additional agronomic support, locally proven products, and access to Legend’s advanced hybrid placement tool for crop recommendations.
• Customers will have more choice to meet their needs.
Through this acquisition we have a joint focus to be the number one choice on customer’s acres through providing unparalleled customer service and agronomic support.